tattoos

Friday, April 1, 2011

That's Interesting: Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root Discussion



Matilda


Ice Age

I was recently reminded of the song Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root by a friend who referred to it as that song from Ice Age. I gave her "the Whoopi", as pictured below, and said "you mean the song from Matilda!" As a child of the 90's I remembered this song. Matilda was an influential cinematic experience that I believe was shared by many of my peers and that song at the end of the movie will forever be frozen into my brainsicles. To suggest this song is anything than "the Matilda song" is blasphemous! This song was released in 1995 and Matilda was released in 1996 whereas Ice Age was released in 2002; by sheer math, Matilda wins.  

And as an aside, Matilda is the original sweetest bitch you'll ever meet; just look at how she befriended that token Lavender with her big ass glasses and the slightly androgynous looking Hortensia. Let's also not forget how she cheered on Bruce at the assembly as he ate that delicious looking chocolate cake that the ill-looking cookie made.
Lavender

Hortensia

Also who hasn't wanted Matilda's powers? Answer nobody.

Please vote on the Send Me On My Way Poll on the top right of the page!


"The Whoopi" by Kennan Thompson on SNL

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger