tattoos

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Stop Spitting and Start "Spitting"


Today I saw a woman spit walking down the street with fellow colleagues dressed in scrubs all donned with artificial hair, jackets that are too short in length (whats that about) and I'm sure a tattoo with someone's name in memoriam on her body somewhere (luckily I didn't notice a teardrop tattoo). This grotesque act made me think about how I loathe the act of spitting in public and how dumb and uneducated you look if you engage in such a lewd act; basically you should be flipping burgers if you think this is acceptable behavior because you aren't intelligent enough to do anything else. There is no biological need to spit unless you have some sort of respiratory condition or excess mucus that needs to be secreted to clear your airway; humans produce about a liter of saliva a day, get used to it. (2011, Kevin Barszczewski RN BSN) 

Spitting in urinals? Whats the deal with that. A common site in men's bathrooms is that of a guy spitting into a urinal and I have to admit that I have even done it once or twice. Why? Who knows! Who started this trend? This is preferred to doing in on the floor or outside on the ground because it is private, but again, there is no need for all this spitting. 

Lets change this trend of spitting into something more positive, yes I am talking about more free style rap battles on the streets (or lanes/ways/drives if you live fancy). Instead of physically spitting on the ground people should take that opportunity to "spit" a freestyle rap for the enjoyment of their friends/colleagues/neighbors around them. The world would be a much more peaceful place if more people took the time to rap, yea, I said it! Some of my most favorite memories with friends are from times when I took the opportunity to create a freestyle rap for their enjoyment. Some of my memorable raps include a song entitled "Beast Woman" which was sung on the Space Mountain ride in Epcot at Disney World. Beast Woman was a ballad about a beast of a woman and had about 8-10 lines produced on the way up the hill on that ride. I think my all time favorite rap that I produced was a dance hit called "pat yo weave" which was inspired by a vivacious young woman who was "patting" her weave while I was waiting for my food order to be completed. Instead of being annoyed at the length of time it was taking for my food to be prepared, I took the opportunity to be creative with the icon behind the counter as my inspiration. I quickly typed a chorus and a first verse for this song in my phone and texted it to a friend for their enjoyment pleasure. The song lyrics are still available somewhere and I will have to track them down for your and my enjoyment. Rapping allows you to remain calm yet also say what you need to say even if its to comment on the size of a man's genitalia or express your interest in putting a certain female body part on sideburns! Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest and rapping could be your place to vent.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger