tattoos

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reasons My Mom May Suffer From A Mental Illness:

The Way She Eats Corn!

There has always been a debate on the correct way to properly eat corn: across vs. around. I am personally someone who eats the corn across typewriter style because I can remember watching cartoons as a child and seeing Bugs Bunny, I believe, eating corn in that fashion. Most people in my family are across people. Either way across or around is acceptable. Watching my mom eat corn is both a delight and a perplexing phenomenon. Instead of eating in an orderly fashion she eats completely at random all around the corn; she takes a bite then turns the corn around and finds a new spot. As someone who is set in their ways and neurotic about doings things a certain way I get very irritated watching her eat corn. So I joke that this is a sign that my mom has a mental illness because I can't fathom a right-minded individual being so reckless with their corn. Not only does my mother do this but my sister as well so unfortunately this habit is hereditary and I may be a carrier, hopefully my typewriter style of corn eating is dominant to the free-for-all that occurs at my dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger